Job Title: Software Development Engineer II - Relocation Assistance Available
Company: Grundfos Pumps Corporation
Location: Olathe, KS
This position has intermediate responsibility for software design and development for product lines in support of the strategic objectives of the North America Region. This position, with minimum supervision, is responsible for design, development, test, release, and maintenance of embedded software/firmware to be used in pump and pump-related systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop software in C/C++ for RTOS-based embedded systems
2. Test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators, and electronic test equipment.
3. Ensure that software releases are compliant with relevant quality standards and Grundfos documentation/notation requirements.
4. Ensure electrical/electronic design/layout is compliant with required third party and company standards.
5. Work with colleagues both locally and overseas to exchange knowledge and coordinate project activities.
6. Participate in product concept activities to offer software-related technical expertise for efficient product operation.
7. Specify and document software-related test requirements
8. Develop samples, prototypes, and test models for evaluation.
9. Specify required tests and qualify test data and measurements.
10. Develop curves of electrical/electronic data and other necessary technical data or documentation.
11. Estimate and manage standard or full unit cost of the various solutions.
12. Select components, circuits, and suppliers in cooperation with purchasing.
13. Participate in O-series runs of the electrical/electronic products in close cooperation with the production company.
14. Generate ideas for future products and product cost reductions.
15. Maintain excellent communication with departments in Grundfos companies especially project, product, and production managers.
16. Teach and mentor other software engineers.
17. Provide development project support on technical product aspects utilizing Grundfos electronics technology.
18. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience: BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Minimum 3 years experience with C/C++, Java, Simulink or similar systems. 3-10 years experience developing real-time embedded software or firmware.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience with programming microcontrollers and debugging tools.
2. Good problem solving ability and capability to debug and interpret others code with small or no introduction
3. Ability to develop necessary code, pseudo code, layouts, and curves.
4. Experience with software-related quality control processes and procedures.
5. Experience using computers, office software, simulation software, and lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, waveform generators, multimeters, data acquisition, etc.) for analysis of software designs.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Proven ability to function effectively in a cross-functional environment.
9. Ability to train internal/external customers on technical matters.
10. Manage time effectively while working on several projects simultaneously
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience with UML methodology and Rational Tools.
2. Experience with Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest.
3. Experience with asynchronous, permanent magnet based, or other motor technologies, and electronic commutation.
4. Experience with power electronics and control system design utilizing integrated or non-integrated variable frequency drives and SCADA systems.
5. Knowledge of standard pump systems and applications
6. Knowledge of innovative design principles.
Comments: Must be able to maintain a valid us passport.
Must be able to travel both internationally and in the US.
Travel expectation is approximately 15% of the time.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Olathe Engineering Jobs
at Engineer Jobs.com