5 Things to Consider When Hiring a Plumber
by Tim Gorman
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM
If you have a clogged drain or a water leak that you cannot fix, then maybe it’s time to call a plumber. However, before you hire a plumbing contractor, there are a couple things to consider:
- Make sure the plumber is licensed and insured. You want to make sure that he or she is qualified to do the job, and that you are legally protected in case anything they do goes wrong.
- Although the plumber may be licensed, experience is also one of the most important things to look at when hiring a plumbing service. It may cost more, but the peace of mind you’ll have knowing that the plumber has the skills to complete the job the first time out is paramount.
- Ask the plumber about the total cost of the project up front. Get a written estimate of what needs to be done and ensure that all parts and labor are included and guaranteed.
- If you are calling an emergency plumber, ask how soon they can come out and fix the issue.
- Ask for referrals. If the plumbing company cannot provide you with any, it may be smart to look for another to do the job.